RIOS, Inc. (“RIOS”, “we”) provide this website, RIOS.com, and a newsletter delivered by [email protected] to subscribers on a quarterly basis. By accessing and using the website, you accept the terms outlined on this page.
II. What Data Do We Collect?
We collect personal information about you when you contact us via our website, apply for a position through our careers system, or sign-up for our newsletter. We may collect the following personal information:
A. Contact Information: Information such as name, job title, company name, department, email, physical mailing address, and telephone number.
B. Professional Information: Such as your employment background, job description, and related information.
D. IP Addresses: When you visit our website, your IP address is identified and logged, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited.
E. Demographic and Location Data
III. Why Do We Collect This Data?
RIOS uses the information it collects for the following purposes:
A. Communications: We use data to comply with your requests, respond to your inquiries, and share timely updates through our email newsletters, publications or other information that you request. If you contact us by email through the website, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence to respond. The data is disclosed at the time it is collected and may further be used to fulfill any other purposes for which it was provided.
B. Business Operations: We may also use data to conduct data analysis or audits that enable us to operate and improve our website’s performance.
C. Marketing: We may contact you from time to time with product or service updates and information, support our relationship with you, and fulfill any related administration.
D. Services: We may also use your data to contact you from time to time with product or service updates and information, support our relationship with you, and fulfill any related administration.
IV. How Do We Collect Your Data?
You directly provide RIOS, Inc. with most of the data we collect. We gather and process data when you:
- Voluntarily register to receive marketing and promotional materials.
Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via email.
- View or use our website via your browser’s cookies.
RIOS, Inc. receives data and information from Google Analytics. The service is necessary for the performance of our website and for marketing and communication purposes. Google Analytics automatically collects information including, but not limited to: IP address; MAC (Media Access Control) address; unique identifier or other device identifier; device software platform and firmware; mobile phone carrier and geo location data; the website pages you visit; how you interact with the website, including duration.
V. Other Websites and Your Data
A. Paylocity: Paylocity administers applications submitted via our careers page. If applying for employment at RIOS, Inc., you will be asked to voluntarily provide contact, professional, and educational information.
B. Vimeo: Vimeo hosts and plays videos within our website. When viewing videos on the website, you will be subject to separate policies, outlined by Vimeo.
VI. How Do We Use Your Data?
A. We will collect your personal information for the following purposes:
to identify you and manage any of your inquiries submitted by you through email correspondence or job postings;
to conduct research and statistical and behavioral analysis;
to detect and prevent fraud;
to customize our website and its content to your preferences;
B. We may share your personal data among RIOS affiliates. We may share personal data with service providers working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. Examples include companies that host our web servers, analyze data, and provide marketing assistance. These entities have access to information and may use your personal details as necessary to perform their services, but they may not use that data for any other purpose, and they do not have independent rights to share the information.
VII. What are Cookies?
A. A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or another electronic device) when you access our website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors are viewing the website, and the pages they visit. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
B. There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your selected preferences. These could include your location and preferred language. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- recognize when and how users visit our website;
- conduct research and statistical analysis to improve our content, products, and services;
- enhance the experience of our website.
VIII. What Are Your Rights to Data Protection?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents (referred to as “Consumers”) with certain rights discussed below. Consumers may contact RIOS regarding any of these rights by telephone at 323-785-1800. RIOS will respond within a reasonable time following receipt of a verified Consumer request, in any event, within the time period, as specified by law.
- Consumers exercising their rights will be required to complete a questionnaire and submit a proof of identity and residency in California. Verification of identity will require, at minimum, two (2) forms of government issued identification (such as a passport and driver’s license) and (1) form of proof of residency (such as a utility bill) showing residency in California at the time the request is made. RIOS may request additional information if deemed necessary or desirable to verify the identity of a person making a request under the CCPA for specific personal information. All information requested during the verification process shall be used solely for verification of identity and residency.
- Consumers have the right to designate an agent to act on their behalf. Consumers wishing to do this and agents acting on behalf of Consumers should contact RIOS as provided above.
- RIOS does not sell personal information as defined under the CCPA.
- The right to access – You have the right to request RIOS, Inc. for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that RIOS, Inc. correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request RIOS, Inc. to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that RIOS, Inc. erase your personal data
,under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that RIOS, Inc. restrict the processing of your personal data
,under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to RIOS, Inc. processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
IX. How Do We Store and Protect Your Data?
We respect your personal privacy. RIOS seeks to safeguard all personal data that we save in a confidential and secure manner, and we maintain industry standard security measures to protect your information from misuse, unauthorized access, and other sources of harm.
XI. How to Contact Us
- Phone: (323) 785-1800
- Or write to us: 3101 West Exposition Place, Los Angeles, CA 90018
XII. How to Contact the Appropriate Authority
if you feel that our company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Office of the Attorney General of California.
- Consumer Complaint Against a Business/Company
Public Inquiry Unit
Office of the Attorney General
P.O. Box 944255 Sacramento, CA 94244-2550